Posts tagged barry hatch
Posts tagged barry hatch
Ok, so turbo61 asked for the Prince and gave me these amazing lines for him. Then, someone mentioned that they wanted Logan and Barry, and the lines were so good I had to use more than one of them.
I’m sorry for the Barry card, I’m not too creative so just used one of his lines and you’d be surprised at the lack of pictures of him.
Awesome. Barry! And more Logan!
(That means a free evening for me then. ~_^)
Sorry I didn’t see these earlier, Minascene. Thanks for adding them!
Have a great Valentines Day everyone!
im not dead yet because im no ones favorite character
*cries cries aaaaaall night*
#such true words
Just throwing this one up for Diko.
To hopefully soften the blow of so, soo many reblogs of Reaver below the waist that she will have waiting for her in her dashboard inbox.
All my love, Diko!
jacero replied to your post: I would legit cosplay as Benjamina if I knew a Reaver would be there for a valid reason to annoy/fangirl over himOh look, yet another reason to move to Canada. And I’d like to direct your attention to something purple and red in this wip photo - …
That’s sweet of you.
I would love to visit a convention in Canada. Most Fable meetups I see listed are for AnimeNorth and such. I want to plan something for A-kon here in Dallas in June, but worried I’ll end up having to miss out.
The workshop took a beating when our water heater broke in August, had to rip out all the carpet and some of the sheet rock. For the time being I have a cement floor and plastic on some of the walls, but it’s no big deal, since it is much easier to clean this way.
The Logan costume is very easy to miss since we’ve been focusing more on Reaver and Hatch. Once they’re all finished up, then Logan is next in line. At least that is the current plan. I’ve been trying not to talk it up and get people excited about a Logan cosplay in case something unfortunate happens, so don’t get your hopes too high, ok? Just know that Logan is both Kurai’s and my favorite Fable III character and we will try our best to get him some more cosplay representation.
Ok, sorry it took a while. Had to work up the nerve…. then tumblr decided to give me trouble… as usual.
Thanks for the hype, diko-hatch. I’ll try to live up to it.
And the “BRING IT” challenge, sweettartsloveryo. Challenge accepted.
This is a WIP shot of a gift I’m drawing for a Femme Reaver I occasionally RP with. (Don’t worry, I didn’t ruin the surprise.)
So… who still wants to follow me? lol
Something special for diko-hatch.
This is the process line for how I made her birthday gift picture.
1. First, I sketched out the idea on the computer. When I sketch the initial plan for a drawing/painting, it can be on paper, the computer, or a combination. Whichever works for me at the time.
2. Made a layer for the line art and started the detailed drawing. The figures of Albion Diko and Barry Hatch came along pretty well, but the background started giving me trouble. I was trained traditionally, and sometimes it is hard for me to really see the perspective properly on a screen (and I don’t have programs that cheat the perspective for you!), especially if I’ve already had my eyes locked on it for a few hours, so…
3. Time to kick this background out Old School. I had sacredflamingheart make a couple of print-outs of just Diko and Hatch on 8 1/2” x 11” printer paper. I took one of the copies (the second one was in case I screwed up the first draft) and carefully taped it to a blank piece of printer paper to form an 11” x 17” piece to work the scene out on. I also lightly tacked on an additional piece of blank newsprint strip to mark my horizon line and vanishing points on. Once I had my set-up on my board and found all my rulers (except my t-square… but I managed without it), I drew out all the furniture, windows, floor and walls. Then I added in the clothing, weapons, food and accessories.
4. This is how the image, now with a pencil-drawn background, looked right after I scanned it into the computer.
5. I lined the new background on the computer and added it to the digital lines I already had waiting of Diko and Hatch. As I was lining the background sketch, I noticed that the balance was off in the image, and the angle of Hatch’s knife in the window seemed to lead the viewer’s eye awkwardly out of the scene, so I flipped the angle of the dagger, added some more accessories (bag of god, more of Hatch’s writings, and condoms!), and shifted the position of the candle holder on the nightstand to balance the piece. Check out those layers… and that was after condensing about half of the initial lot.
6. I darkened the figures, and lightened the background, so the lines didn’t run together when I compressed and re-sized the finished piece for posting. I don’t always do that. I really depends on the amount of tiny details involved.
A large-sized version of the finished line art is viewable on deviantArt.
Sketch vs. Completion comparison of “Making Up”.
Thought I would start this blog off with a glimpse of how my images can change from the initially idea to the finished work.
This image of Barry Hatch, Reaver and Logan, from the Fable III video game, began as a pencil sketch on a piece of standard printer paper. Mostly done to get the posing and general expressions down.
After scanning it into the computer, I continued to detail it, fixed their likenesses and expressions, adjusted the anatomy, foreshortening and perspective, added more background elements, and gave it a dramatic tilt to enhance the action and perspective further before digitally inking it to completion.
Not too many major changes on this piece. Mostly just some adjusting and enhancing of what was already in thesketch. Actually I spent of the most time trying to get Barry Hatch’s likeness (his face does tend to give me trouble.).
The full version of “Making Up” is viewable at y!Gallery and Hentai Foundry.
A Non-Adult alternate version is viewable at deviantArt.
Any questions, feel free to ask.